I’ve never really been one for New Year’s resolutions. I get the appeal, but it’s never been something that’s really worked for me. Still, this year, I decided to give it a go and wrote a 12 in 2012 list.
What’s on it? Why, I’m glad you asked.
- Be vegan. I’m committing to really making the switch this year, to being 100 percent vegan. Of course, it helps that I just found an awesome vegan macaroni and cheese recipe (that I’ll definitely be posting!).
- Be healthier. Eat better, sleep more, get exercise and be compliant on medication and treatment. I need to be better at this to control what I can about my health.
- Be more involved at church. I already teach Sunday school, but I’m going to join the choir as well and start going to the young adult meetings, too.
- Sew something every month. Put that Pinterest inspiration folder to use! This month, I’ll try to tackle the skirt that’s been fighting me.
- Read more. The mister got me a subscription to “The Economist,” so I want to read that every week plus at least one book per month.
- Date the mister. Got on one real date per month. This will get interesting, since we’re poor (see: I’m a journalist; he’s a student), but we’ll make it work.
- Battle blogger burnout. Find a blogging schedule that works well for me and stick to it.
- Write a 30 by 30 list and start checking things off.
- Speak more French.
- Keep my space clean and organized—at work and at home. This is a biggie, and it’s something I’ll usually let slide. But I feel better and am more production when my area is tidy, so I want to make this a priority.
- Get creative with my closet and my style instead of constantly buying more stuff or falling into a rut. To that end, I’ve started a little Tumblr and am going to take pictures of myself, style blogger styles. I think seeing how awesome my wardrobe is will help.
- Be present.
What resolutions did you make—if any?